Dressing for a Summer WeddingJune 18, 2012 / byLauren / Categories : Lauren Blog Entries
Weddings are a lot more fun when you have a great outfit. Here are some tips and shopping suggestions for finding the perfect look.
- Never wear white. Better yet, try to avoid any shade that could be misinterpreted for white e.g. ivory, egg shell, pastel yellow, pale purple
- No black. Even if the invitation calls for Black Tie, it’s summer so try your best to be creative.
- Do not wear solid red, unless you want to be instantly labeled as the ‘pop tart’ of the group. Pink is great. Wine will work. Burgundy is fine. Avoid anything you might call fire engine or candy apple.
- Be cautious of your patterns. Avoid small patterns. They can look cheap.
- A maxi dress is a great option for a casual wedding.
- If the wedding is outside remember to wear wedges or platforms. Stilettos only aerate the lawn.
- If you’re adventurous, try a short and blazer set. Stylish, comfortable, and creative.